Historic Sites and Points of Interest in Nevada County
The plaque reads:Pelton Water Wheel
In continuous use PG&E Drum Power House No. 4, 1928 - 1987. Produced 18,000 HP at 257 RPM and enough electrical power for 16,000 households. 12 ft. diameter, weight 15 tons. Built in San Francisco by Pelton Company. A Constitutional Bicentennial Gift to Nevada City by Pacific Gas and Electric.
Dedicated September 17, 1987 by Nevada City Constitutional Commission and Wm. Bull Meek - Wm Morris Stewart No. 10 E Clampus Vitus