Mono County Points of Interest
The old Levitt [sic] House which became The Bridgeport Hotel and is now the Bridgeport Inn was built in 1877 by Sam Hopkins for Hiram L. Leavitt. Weary travelers in the old west used this historic hotel as a stage and buggy stop to and from the Bodie gold mining town. Legend has it that Samuel Clemens was a guest here and a bed room has been so named the "Mark Twain Room." Legend also has it that the hotel is haunted by the "White Lady" who has been seen by various guests through out the years.
Dedicated September 10, 1994 1994 by Bodie Chapter E. Vitus Clampus