National Register of Historic Places in Modoc County
This Gothic Revival church was built from local, welded andesitic tuff with walls that are two feet thick. (Tuff is a rock created by volcanic eruptions.) Construction began in 1883 but was not completed until 1910.
It is the oldest church in Alturas and the major center of Roman Catholic activity in Modoc County.