Lassen County Points of Interest
The marker reads:
Red River Bakery
Built in 1917 by the Red River Lumber Co. as a bakery, it supplied 3 stores and the company cookhouse. It was famed for its biscuits (as in biscuits & gravy) that gave the loggers the fuel needed to build Westwood out of virgin timber. It has also housed the 1st GM dealership in the area, a 5 & dime store & credit union. Today it is the home of the Westwood Museum, a restaurant and Westwood Utility District.
Dedicated July 20, 6007 (2002) by the Vigilantes Outpost #1911 of the Las Plumas del Oro Chapter 8 of the Ancient and Honorable Order of
E Clampus Vitus.
Credo Quia Absurdum