Historic Sites and Points of Interest in Humboldt County
This false-front building is distinguished by the semi-eliptical arch of the parapet wall.
This building replaced two 19th century structures, one of which was destroyed by fire in 1924.
The tenants were jeweler, P. M. Canepa, who was located at this site from 1902 until his retirement in 1937. The other shop was occupied by Cruikshanks & Eriksen, an exclusive men's store.
The New Hart Building contributes to the Ferndale Main Street Historic District which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.