National Register of Historic Places in Humboldt County
The D. C. McDonald Building is an excellent example of Classical Revival design. It has survived without alteration and is a strong contributor to the architecture and character of Old Town.
From the time of its construction in 1904 until the 1960s, the building was occupied by the D. C. McDonald Company, a building supply business that provided the community with a continually expanding and changing array of materials.
During the 1960's a motorcycle dealer operated in the building. Since then, the building has housed various retailers.
Excerpted from the NRHP Nomination.