California Historical Landmarks in Humboldt County
California Historical Landmark 783
791 8th Street
The basement and first story of this building, at 8th and H Steert (opposite), was [sic] constructed in 1857 for Agustus Jacoby. For many years it was a principal supply point for the Klamath-Trinity mining camp trade. From 1858 through 1864 it served periodically as a refuge in time of Indian troubles. Housing various mercantile firms during its early years, it was acquired by A. Brizard in 1880.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 783
Plaque placed by the State Park Commission in cooperation with the Humboldt County Historical Society, the City of Arcata, and Brizard Company June 8, 1963.
The Jacoby Building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.