Historic Sites and Points of Interest in El Dorado County
This is the oldest Episcopal church building in California.
James Marshall's funeral services were held here in 1885.
The church was later purchased by the Methodists. Today, it is open to the public for weddings and other events.
A plaque, mounted beside the main door, reads:
Founded Jan 4, 1854 by Right Rev Wm J. Kipp DD
Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of California
In memory of Rev C. C. Pierce
Who ministered to his congregation in this church for over forty years.
Dedicated by Marguerite Parlor No 12,
Native Daughters of the Golden West
Jan 29 1939.