California Historical Landmarks in Del Norte County
California Historical Landmark 545
4241 Kings Valley Road
A United States military post was established here September 12, 1862 by the men of Company G, 2nd Regiment, Infantry, California Volunteers, to keep peace between the Indians and the miners and settlers of northwestern California. It was abandoned in May 1870. Commanding Officers Quarters and one barracks remain at the date of dedication of this site.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 545
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Del Norte County Historical Society, May 20, 1962.