Contra Costa County Points of Interest
A plaque in front of the building reads:Historical Point of Interest
The Danville Hotel, originally the Railroad Hotel, was built in 1891 when the Southern Pacific Railroad came to Danville. It was at the corner of Railroad Avenue and Short Street and faced west. It was owned and operated by Mr. and Mrs. Edward McCauley and their daughters Mollie and Nellie.
About 1927 it was moved and completely turned around to face the main thoroughfare of Hartz Avenue. In the summer of 1977, the site was renamed to Danville Hotel Territory.
Site dedicated and plaque placed by San Ramon Valley Historical Society
November 19, 1977