National Register of Historic Places in Contra Costa County
A plaque in front of the building reads:
Riverview Union High School
This was the first high school constructed in Contra Costa County. Supported by the Womans Club of Antioch, the first joint communities bond was passed in 1908 for $20,000 by Antioch, Pittsburg, Somersville, Nortonville and Live Oak.
Charles Appleton Hooper donated unincorporated land for the school. The election of April 1, 1910, approved the site and elected all new Antioch trustees. Construction began in September 1910 and the school was opened November 4, 1911. Antioch and Pittsburg dissolved the Union District in 1925. The last Antioch class graduated in 1931.
The Antioch Historical Society registered this site with the National
Register of Historical Places on October 14, 1998.
Plaque dedicated by Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13 E Clampus Vitus on November 4, 2000.