Amador County Points of Interest
In 1848, was a village of huts and tents called "Bottileas" by the Mexicans from the bottles strewn about by those who tarried here. In 1849, it was named Jackson for Colonel Jackson an early-day resident.
In 1853, Amador County was carved out of Calaveras County and Jackson became its county seat.
In 1886, the Order of Native Daughters of the Golden West was founded here and to commemorate the semi-centennial year of the order this monument is erected and dedicated May 16, 1936 by Ursula Parlor No 1 Native Daughters of the Golden West
This rest stop on State Route 49 offers a panoramic view of the Mother Lode hills and three commemorative markers: this NDGW marker for Jackson, a Bear Flag plaque for California Historical Landmark 786 (Argonaut and Kennedy Mines), and a memorial to the Men and Women Who Honorably Served in the Armed Forces of the United States.