California Historical Landmarks in Amador County
California Historical Landmark 788
18 East Main Street
General merchandise store built by Daniel Stewart in 1856. First building erected in Ione Valley from nearby Muletown brick. Ione, once known as "Bed-Bug" and "Freeze Out," was an important supply center on the main road to the Mother Lode and Southern Mines.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 788
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with Chispa Parlor No. 40 Native Daughters of the Golden West and Ione Parlor No. 33 Native Sons of the Golden West, March 7, 1964.