California Historical Landmarks in Alameda County
California Historical Landmark 641
4590 Tesla Road
Here, in 1883, James Concannon founded the Concannon Vineyard. The quality it achieved in sacramental and commercial wines helped establish Livermore Valley as one of America's select wine growing districts. Grape cuttings from this vineyard were introduced to Mexico between 1889 and 1904 for the improvement of its commercial viticulture.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 641
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Livermore Chamber of Commerce and the Las Positas Parlor No. 96, Native Sons of the Golden West, August 16, 1958.