California Historical Landmarks in Alameda County
California Historical Landmark 279
550 West Estudillo Avenue
Site of the last home of José Joaquín Estudillo, grantee of Rancho San Leandro, and his wife, Juana Martínez de Estudillo. It was built about 1850. The family founded San Leandro, built a hotel, and donated several lots, including the original site of St. Leander's Church.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 279
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with St. Leander's Parish Centennial
June 7, 1964