California Historical Landmarks in Sonoma County
California Historical Landmark 667
579 1st Street East
This house was built by H. A. Green in 1847. Here John H. Nash was taken prisoner by Lieut. William T. Sherman in July 1847 for refusing to relinquish his post as alcalde to Lilburn W. Boggs. It was restored in 1931 by Zolita Bates, great-granddaughter of Nancy Patton Adler, who lived here after her marriage in 1848 to Lewis Adler, pioneer merchant of San Francisco and Sonoma.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 667
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Sonoma Valley Historical Society, July 18, 19??.
The Nash-Patton Adobe contributes to the Sonama Plaza Historic District National Register Listing #75000489.
Historic Adobe Buildings