Historic Sites and Points of Interest in Yuba County
The plaque reads:
The Graham Hotel
The Graham Hotel was built in 1853 by Williamson Graham on the Bear River north of Wire Bridge. It was strategically located on the stage route from Sacramento to Nevada City by way of Johnsons Crossing and Round Tent.
A store was soon built and operated by Graham. This was a welcome stop for travelers providing rest and hot food at the hotel and provisions from the store. During the early years of Yuba County the hotel served as both meeting place for the local inhabitants and a courtroom for circuit judges. It was abandoned by 1879.
Dedicated Sept 17, 2010 by
The Wheatland Historical Society and
The William Bull Meek - William Morris Stewart Ch. No. 10
And Lord Sholto Douglas Ch. No. 3
E Clampus Vitus