California Historical Landmarks in Ventura County
California Historical Landmark 847
Ventura County Courthouse
501 Poli Street
The courthouse was designed in 1910 by one of the early pioneers of architecture in Southern California - Albert C. Martin, Sr. Dedicated in July 1913, the structure is an outstanding example of neoclassic architecture, a style prevalent in the United States at the turn of the century. The courthouse is an extremely well-proportioned building, and is rich in detail and materials not likely to be found elsewhere in the Southern California area.
Citation from California Office of Historic Preservation