National Register of Historic Places in Grand County
An interpretive plaque on the front of the building reads:Star Hall
Constructed from 1905 to 1906 by local craftsmen, Star Hall is architecturally significant as a fine local example of Richardsonian Romanesque architecture and is historically significant for the role it has played in the community over the years as a primary community gathering place, recreation hall, and school house. The T-shaped sandstone building was originally owned and operated by the LDS Church for activities such as dances, plays, and dinners. The church used the building for nineteen years and in 1925 they sold it to the Grand County School District. In 1972 the building became home to the Moab Art Theatre, a community theater and training center in the dramatic arts. The building, actively used today, is a prominent historic resource within the community of Moab.
Marker placed in 2007