Tuolumne County Points of Interest
This historic Gold Rush Landmark, built in 1859 by Heinrich Neilson as the Hotel Europe, housed miners and notables: offered lodging, meals and a saloon. The original building was badly damaged by fire of 1901 and 1927.
Renamed the National Hotel in early 1900's it is one of the oldest continuously operated hotels in the Mother Lode. Present owners-partners took over in 1974. Their restoration has preserved much of the past such as the use of the original bar.
Dedicated by Matuca Chp. 1849 E C V
May 24 1987