Stanislaus County Points of Interest
A plaque on the building reads:
Knights Ferry Hook & Ladder Company
Est. Dec. 8, 1871
The hook and ladder fire wagon was purchased in New York by Knights Ferry and shipped around The Horn, arriving in San Francisco in 1872. On arrival it was "claimed" by a S. F. fire company. A delegation from Knights Ferry liberated the fire wagon and brought it home. In 1998 the Oakdale Rural Volunteers completely rebuilt it to its original splendor.
1998 Sesquicentennial Committee