National Register of Historic Places in Sonoma County, California
Railroad Square Historic District in downtown Santa Rosa, on the Santa Rosa Creek, is bounded by 3rd Street, Davis Street, Wilson Street, 6th Street and the creek. It is comprised of 230 acres containg tweleve buildings and one structure of historic significance.
The district includes the 1904 Railroad Depot, one-story brick buildings on 4th Street built between 1915 and 1925, and warehouses dating from 1888 to 1914 along the railroad tracks.
These commercial masonary buildings are among the few remaining in Santa Rosa, the others having been destroyed by the earthquakes of 1906 and 1969 and by Urban Renewal.
The Hotel La Rose is individually designated as a National Landmark.
Excerpted from the NRHP nomination.
|Name||Year||Address||Remarks||Sort Address||Sort Name|
|La Rose Hotel||1907||5th and Wilson||Street 05||La Rose Hotel|
|Tirone Building||1913||105-109 4th Street||Street 04 0105||Tirone Building|
|Jacobs Building||1910||111-115 4th Street||Street 04 0111||Jacobs Building|
|Railway Express Agency Building||1915||9-11 5th Street||Street 05 0009||Railway Express Agency Building|
|PMT Trucking||1900||West 6th Street||Street 06||PMT Trucking|
|Warehouse||1888||46 West 6th Street||Original rails laid 1870s made in Sheffield, England, shipped around horn.||Street 06 0046||Warehouse|
|Railroad Yards||1870||A||Railroad Yards|
|Northwestern Pacific Depot||1904||4th and Wilson||Locally quarried stone building with heavy wood beams and stone pillared arcade on three sides, hip roof with dormer at track side, unaltered.||Street 04||Northwestern Pacific Depot|
|Depot Park||1904||Wilson between 4th and 5th||Flat parcel bounded by a rounded top concrete curb planted in lawn with two bunya-bunya arucaria trees, one palm, and one cedar.||Wilson||Depot Park|
|Warehouse||1915||West 3rd Street||Large brick warehouse with horizontal string courses and exposed pilasters, wood-covered loading docks and wood roof monitors.||Street 03||Warehouse|
|Water Tower||1925||Metal frame water tower with painted metal water tank, wood structure below.||B||Water Tower|