California Historical Landmarks in Sonoma County
California Historical Landmark 820
Saint Teresa of Avila Church
Bodega Highway Near Bodega Lane
Constructed of redwood in 1859 by New England ships' carpenters on Spanish land grant donated by Jasper O'Farrell. On March 8, 1860, Father Louis Rossi was appointed pastor. Archbishop Alemany dedicated the church in the town of Bodega on June 2, 1861, and it has served this coastal community continuously for over a century.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 820
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Roman Catholic Church and the Sonoma County Parks and Recreation Department. June 2, 1968.