California Historical Landmarks in Solano County
California Historical Landmark 779
Rockville Stone Chapel
4221 Suisun Valley Road
Erected by pioneers of Methodist Episcopal Church South with volunteer labor and donated funds. Cornerstone laid October 3, 1856. Dedicated February 1857. Site supplied by Landy and Sarah Alford. Chapel deteriorated by 1929 and deeded by the church to Rockville Public Cemetery District as a pioneer monument. Restored in 1940.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 779
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Solano County Historical Society. May 30, 1963.
When we photographed Rockville Stone Chapel in May 2006, it housed the Filipino-American New Life Christian Community Church.