California Historical Landmarks in San Mateo County
California Historical Landmark 825
Casa de Tableta
3915 Alpine Road
This structure, built by Felix Buelna in the 1850s, served as a gambling retreat and meeting place for Mexican-Californios. It was strategically located on the earliest trail used both by rancheros and American settlers crossing the peninsula to the coast. Acquired by an American in 1868, it has continued to serve under various names as a roadhouse and saloon.
Registered Landmark No. 825
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Town of Portola Valley. May 24, 1969.
Casa de Tableta is also National Register Listing #73000447.