National Register of Historic Places in San Diego County
The George W. Marston House was designed by Irving John Gill, of the Hebbard and Gill architectural partnership of San Diego.
For three-quarters of a century George W. Marston (1850-1946) was identified with the history of modern San Diego.
The crowning expression of Marston's public spirit took place in 1929 on the 160th birthday of San Diego when Marston donated Presidio Park and the Junipero Serra Museum to the City of San Diego.
Source: Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1974.
The Marston House Museum and Gardens are open to the public.