California Historical Landmarks in San Diego County
California Historical Landmark 523
San Diego Barracks
738 West Harbor Drive
An Army supply depot for southern California was established on this site in 1850. Designated New San Diego Post, it was garrisoned by troops from December 2, 1858 to May, 1866. Reoccupied December, 1869. Name changed to San Diego Barracks April 5, 1879. Abandoned December 15, 1921. Acquired by city of San Diego July 13, 1938.
State Registered Historical Landmark No. 523
Marker placed by San Diego County Board of Supervisors and the Historical Markers Committee