California Historical Landmarks in San Diego County
California Historical Landmark 72
Casa de Bandini
2660 Calhoun Street
This adobe house was constructed about 1827 by José and Juan Bandini. As headquarters of Commodore Robert F. Stockton in 1846, it was the place where Kit Carson and Edward Beale delivered their urgent message of December 9, 1846, calling for reinforcements to be rushed to the aid of General Kearny.
Citation from California Office of Historic Preservation