California Historical Landmarks in Sacramento County
California Historical Landmark 817
Site Of First County Free Library Branch In California
9125 Elk Grove Boulevard
In 1908 Elk Grove acquired through the efforts of Miss Harriet G. Eddy, then principal of Elk Grove Union High School, the first county free library branch in California. Subsequently, California's county free library branch system has become one of the most outstanding in America.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 817
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Elk Grove Parlor No. 41, N.S.G.W. and Liberty Parlor No. 213 N.D.G.W., September 9, 1967.