National Register of Historic Places in Placer County
Situated near the Mother Lode in the heart of gold country, Auburn was a center of commerce during the early Gold Rush era. The town was the center point dividing the Sierra Gold Belt into the northern mines and the southern mines.
The appearance of the Old Auburn Historic District is little changed since the Gold Rush except for the paved streets and sidewalks and the utility poles and lines. Most of the buildings in the old business district were built after the fire of 1855.
Little remains of Chinatown except for a row of houses including the Joss House.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination.
|Name||Year||Address||Remarks||Sort Address||Sort Name|
|Placer County Courthouse||1897||A01||Placer County Courthouse|
|Travellers' Rest and Winery||1860||Residence, blacksmith shop and winery.||A02||Travellers' Rest and Winery|
|Lawyers Row||1855||Walls two feet thick of sun-dried brick laid with lime mortar.||A03||Lawyers Row|
|Commercial Street||1857||A04||Commercial Street|
|Chinese Joss House||1855||Sacramento Street||A05||Chinese Joss House|
|Old United States Post Office||1857||A06||Old United States Post Office|