California Historical Landmarks in Placer County
California Historical Landmark 397
Main and Stockton Streets
Founded in the spring of 1851 by Joseph and Charles Dornback. From 1854 to 1882 it was noted for its rich hydraulic mines. In 1860 had the largest voting population in Placer County. Chinese inhabitants numbered about 2,000. Here Theodore Judah and D. W. Strong made the original subscription to build the first transcontinental railroad.
State Registered Landmark No. 397
Tablet Placed by California Centennials Commission
Base Furnished by Placer County Historical Society
Dedicated July 22, 1950
The Dutch Flat Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.