National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County
A plaque at the site reads:
This bridge was built in 1917 by Jason Hartman of Jacksonville. The site was donated by Adelbert "Deb" McKee, a ranch owner to the south, whose home had served as a stage station and halfway point between Jacksonville and the Blue Lodge copper mine which operated between 1906 and 1919. Relief horses were kept there for the six and eight horse teams hauling ore from the mine, and lodging and board were provider travelers.
The bridge, declared unsafe in 1956, has been maintained by community groups, and left for its historic value and use of pedestrians.
Applegate Valley Bicentennial Committee and Southern Oregon Historical Society