National Register of Historic Places in Washoe County
The Miller-Rowe/Holgate House was built as a single-family dwelling between 1902 and 1903 in Reno's Powning Addition. Since it was built, the house has undergone two significant modifications.
In the late 1920s, the building was converted from a single-family dwelling to a three-unit rooming house. The full-length front porch was replaced with a two-story bay window and a smaller porch with an open balcony above. Houses all over Reno were being converted into rooming houses to participate in Reno's lucrative migratory divorce industry.
Around 1940, a fourth rental unit was created and a four-car garage was added. The exterior was sheathed in brick veneer.
Source: Adapted from the NRHP nomination form submitted in 2005.