National Register of Historic Places in Pershing County
This Stick/Eastlake-style depot was built in the winter of 1879-80 by the Central Pacific Railroad for the newly established village, and served as the principal gateway to the community throughout the nineteenth and much of the twentieth centuries.
The structure was originally located across the street on the northeast corner along the Central Pacific (later Southern Pacific) main line. The building was expanded by the railroad in 1917 and abandoned in the early 1990s.
The City of Lovelock purchased the depot, moved it a short distance across Broadway Avenue, and rehabilitated for its present use in 1999. The building is painted in traditional Southern Pacific yellow with brown trim, green roof, and white sash.
Source: NRHP Nomination Form