National Register of Historic Places in Nye County
Tonopah's first water service began in 1902, when three water companies each gained a franchise to provide water to one district of the town.
By 1905, Philadelphia businessman John Brock owned two of the water companies, which he consolidated into the Water Company of Tonopah. Brock also owned multiple mines in Tonopah and the local railroad.
The Water Company of Tonopah Building is the only surviving building which belonged to one of Tonopah's early water companies.