National Register of Historic Places in Nye County
Built by A. A. Bass in 1904, this building is the third oldest stone commercial building in Tonopah. A 1912 fire gutted the interior, but Bass rebuilt it the following year.
The simple design reflects a period of transition from rustic stone buildings to well-crafted stone buildings.
The structure was built as a lodging house. Subsequently, it housed a telephone company then a fraternal lodge.