Historic Sites and Points of Interest in Douglas County
The "Corner Saloon" was constructed on this site in the late 1890's.
The building was known as the Golden Bubble until it was purchased by Mr. Sharkey Begovich in 1972. Mr. Begovich (1926-2002) was an icon of the gaming industry and a large part of Nevada gaming history.
Sharkey owned and operated the Nugget for thirty years until its sale to the Holder Hospitality Group in 2002.
Source: Adapted from an interpretative marker on the building.