Historic Sites and Points of Interest in Douglas County
Arendt Jensen built this general merchandise store in a vernacular style with neoclassical elements. The store contained a wide variety of everyday necessities and supplies from clothing to agricultural tools and seeds.
Mr. Jensen sold the adjoining property to the Masonic Lodge in 1919. While it appears that the site contains one building, there are actually two separate buildings on two parcels.
Source: An interpretive marker on the building.
When we photographed the buildings in March of 2016, an antique store occupied the ground level of both buildings.