National Register of Historic Places in Douglas County
The Carson Valley Improvement Club was built in 1912 on land donated by the H. F. Dangberg Land and Live Stock Company. The construction was funded by the public sale of subscriber shares.
The Hall provided a facility for large social gatherings and community celebrations as well as activities such as town meetings and voting headquarters.
The hall was built of regionally produced red brick in a vernacular Classicized style. The simplified exterior is typical of Minden commercial and public buildings. Functional, with sparse detailing, these buildings reflect a lifestyle that eschewed pretentious1 display.
Source: Extracted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1983.
1. "Eschew pretension." Good advice.