National Register of Historic Places in Carson City
The Olcovich/Meyers is significant for its association with the mercantile history of Carson City and for association with local Jewish history. In addition, is significant as a vernacular expression of Gothic Revival, Italianate, and Eastlake architectural elements in Carson City.
The Olcovich/Meyers house was constructed between 1874 and 1875 and served as home to Joseph and Bernard Olcovich, prominent Jewish merchants of Carson City. Perhaps as early as 1885, George H. Meyers, also a merchant, purchased the structure and modified it to a certain extent. Its nineteenth-century form remains intact with a high degree of integrity.
Source: NRHP Nomination Form