National Register of Historic Places in Santa Fe County
The Digneo-Valdes House, was built in 1889 by Carlo Digneo, a prominent building contractor.
Carlo had arrived in Santa Fe in 1880 when he and his brothers, Michelangelo and Genaro, were recruited in the East to hasten the construction of St. Francis Cathedral. All three were skilled masons and stone cutters.
The Digneos adapted rapidly to Santa Fe's diverse culture and formed several partnerships which constructed many residences and public buildings throughout New Mexico and at a few locations in Colorado and west Texas.
Source: Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1978.