Napa County Points of Interest
Located in the ground on the west side of the Silverado Trail just south of the Pope Street Bridge, the (barely legible) marker reads:
Departed This Life February 1953
Located on the hill to the east and south of this point was a haven of comfort to many a man from the late 1800's until closed in 1953. Condemned by certain elements of our society yet venerated by others that "labored in the vineyards" of Napa Valley. Often closed, to the consternation of its feminine occupants, and reopened again and again, to the joy of its guests, until operations were finally halted by the County Sheriff at the insistence of the Attorney General.
Rest in Peace
Dedicated August 20, 1983
Sam Brannan Chapter No. 1004
E Clampus Vitus