National Register of Historic Places in Napa County
Architect L. M. Thurton designed this high Victorian Italianate building. The two-story building is built of brick with a cast iron and glass store front. The Semorile Building is occupied by the Bounty Hunter a wine retailer and tasting bar specializing in rare vintages.
There are two plaques on the Semorile Building:Semorile Building
Built by Bartolomeo Semorile and designed by Napa architect, Luther M. Turton as an outstanding example of Victorian commercial architecture.
The Semorile family came to Napa in 1869 and started their grocery business just east of this site. Early in 1889, they established a new store and residence in this building, remaining until their retirement in 1924.
Plaque Placed By
Sam Brannan Chapter No. 1004 Of
E Clampus Vitus, July 28, 1984