National Register of Historic Places in Monterey County
The Boronda Adobe was built by José Eusebio Boronda between 1844 and 1848 in the grasslands of the lower Salinas Valley twenty years before the town of Salinas was founded nearby.
The José Eusebio Boronda Adobe is one of the last original Mexican rancho adobes in the Salinas Valley. It is the only adobe in the valley that is virtually unaltered. Some adobes were altered or destroyed. Others were incorporated into private homes or otherwise made inaccessible to the public.
The Boronda Adobe is California Historical Landmark 870.