Marin County Points of Interest
The marker mounted on the front of the building reads:
Tomales Town Hall
Erected and acquired in 1874 by the Tomales Temperance Social Club, this is one of the oldest continuously used public halls in California. Renovated after the 1906 Earthquake, maintained by town hall trustees and local volunteers, it has served as a center for all types of community activities.
Dedicated April 21, 1991
Native Sons of the Golden West