National Register of Historic Places in Marin County
The Alexander-Acacia Bridge is a two-lane bridge which allowed automobiles to pass over the now-abandoned Northwestern Pacific Railroad right-of-way.
John C. Oglesby designed the bridge which was built in 1927. According to the 1984 National Register nomination, this bridge is "one of only five such bridge types known to exist in California," and it "possesses integrity of location, design, setting, materials, workmanship, feeling and association."
The old railroad right-of-way is now a popular and pleasant place to walk, jog or bike.