California Historical Landmarks in Marin County
California Historical Landmark 630
St. Vincent's School for Boys
One St. Vincent Drive
In 1853, Timothy Murphy, Irish-born pioneer of Marin County, gave 317 acres of land to Archbishop Alemany for educational purposes. Here the Sisters of Charity in 1855 founded a school now called St. Vincent's School for Boys. It has been maintained and enlarged by successive archbishops of San Francisco.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 630
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Marin Committee on History and Landmarks of the Native Sons and Native Daughters of the Golden West, October 19, 1958.