California Historical Landmarks in Kern County
California Historical Landmark 492
A lone tree landmark on an old trans-valley trail. It was an ancient Yokuts Indian meeting place, later a location for white stock rodeos. Miller and Lux established their headquarters and store here about 1885. The town of Buttonwillow takes its name from this old tree and rodeo grounds.
February 2?, 1952
Marker Placed By
Kern County Historical Society
Kern County Museum
State Registered Landmark No. 492