National Register of Historic Places in Montezuma County
The 1909 two-story sandstone building was the first high school constructed in Montezuma County. The building was not only an important educational facility; it was also used as a community meeting place after the gymnasium/auditorium was built in 1920. The building is noted for its distinctive design and the fine workmanship of the locally quarried stone.
Quoted from the History Colorado website.