National Register of Historic Places in Montezuma County
Lowry Ruin is located within Canyon of the Ancients National Monument.
Ancient Pueblo people constructed the multi-storied, 50-room village about AD 1061 on top of the ruins of 8th century pithouses. Used for living quarters and ritual ceremonies by a community of about 100 people, today the ruins exhibit fine masonry construction and a kiva once plastered with bold geometric designs. The site contains one of the largest great kivas found in southwestern Colorado.
Quoted from the History Colorado website.